Most viewed 24h
- Scaffold Knot
- Eye / Thimble Splice in Double-Braid Rope
- Eye / Thimble Splice
- Feature: Shipbuilding legends off St. Tropez
- Two half Hitches
- Bowline on the Bight
- From the Model to the Original
- Moody DS 45: The video of the test
- The best images from the toughest race of all
- Introduced: DIMENSION - POLYANT
Tag Archives: Knots
The Prusik Knot is a friction knot made with a loop or the end of a rope around another rope. It can slide along the rope and holds under load. It can be used for transferring parallel pull to a line but typically the Prusik is used for ascending and abseiling by climbers especially arborists. This can be dangerous for the inexperienced – please use only under supervision and with extreme care!
The Double Constrictor offers an even stronger and more secure stranglehold than the Single Constrictor. Use it for attachments, ligatures and any repair jobs that requires applying compression. Constrictors can be pulled extremely tight with the aid of a pulley or a winch; however it will then be impossible to loosen the knot – it can only be cut open with a knife.