Most viewed 24h
- Scaffold Knot
- Eye / Thimble Splice in Double-Braid Rope
- Eye / Thimble Splice
- Introduced: DIMENSION - POLYANT
- Two half Hitches
- Feature: Shipbuilding legends off St. Tropez
- Finishing a Coil - Three Variations
- Coiling laid rope
- Single-handed around the atlantic - Episode 2: From Roscoff to the Canary Islands
- The new Hanse 575 - Karl Dehler presents the yacht
Tag Archives: Knots
The Prusik Knot is a friction knot made with a loop or the end of a rope around another rope. It can slide along the rope and holds under load. It can be used for transferring parallel pull to a line but typically the Prusik is used for ascending and abseiling by climbers especially arborists. This can be dangerous for the inexperienced – please use only under supervision and with extreme care!
The Double Constrictor offers an even stronger and more secure stranglehold than the Single Constrictor. Use it for attachments, ligatures and any repair jobs that requires applying compression. Constrictors can be pulled extremely tight with the aid of a pulley or a winch; however it will then be impossible to loosen the knot – it can only be cut open with a knife.