Most viewed 24h
- Scaffold Knot
- Eye / Thimble Splice in Double-Braid Rope
- Eye / Thimble Splice
- Introduced: DIMENSION - POLYANT
- Two half Hitches
- Feature: Shipbuilding legends off St. Tropez
- Finishing a Coil - Three Variations
- Coiling laid rope
- Single-handed around the atlantic - Episode 2: From Roscoff to the Canary Islands
- The new Hanse 575 - Karl Dehler presents the yacht
Tag Archives: Hydrofoil
Since the middle of July the Hydroptère crew around skipper Alain Thébault prepare for their attempt in Los Angeles to sail from California to Hawaii, of course in record time. The fastest sailing boat of the world was extensively modified for it. The “foils” were adapted for the expected seaway, because with the old “wings” the Hydroptère is quiet unstable with the right waves. There is the risk that she cuts through a wave and gets stuck with the bow or the beans in the wave.
The video shows current film sequences before the record attempt and gives a recap of the by now 30 years old story of the fastest sailing boat of the world.