Most viewed 24h
- Scaffold Knot
- Eye / Thimble Splice in Double-Braid Rope
- Eye / Thimble Splice
- Feature: Shipbuilding legends off St. Tropez
- Two half Hitches
- Bowline on the Bight
- From the Model to the Original
- Moody DS 45: The video of the test
- The best images from the toughest race of all
- Introduced: DIMENSION - POLYANT
Tag Archives: Hydrofoil
Since the middle of July the Hydroptère crew around skipper Alain Thébault prepare for their attempt in Los Angeles to sail from California to Hawaii, of course in record time. The fastest sailing boat of the world was extensively modified for it. The “foils” were adapted for the expected seaway, because with the old “wings” the Hydroptère is quiet unstable with the right waves. There is the risk that she cuts through a wave and gets stuck with the bow or the beans in the wave.
The video shows current film sequences before the record attempt and gives a recap of the by now 30 years old story of the fastest sailing boat of the world.