Used to join two ropes of similar thickness and composition. The rope ends must be at the same side of the knot. A practical knot for many occasions, but unsafe with very slippery lines under high load. Tested breaking strength: 47% See also: Zeppelin Bend.
- Moody DS 45: The video of the test 8,354x viewed
- Feature: Shipbuilding legends off St. Tropez 6,624x viewed
- Open 40 Fjord 6,265x viewed
- From the Model to the Original 6,051x viewed
- Single-handed around the atlantic – Episode 1: From Fehmarn to Roscoff 5,770x viewed
- The new Hanse 575 – Karl Dehler presents the yacht 5,283x viewed
- Eye / Thimble Splice in Double-Braid Rope 5,038x viewed