Used to join two ropes of similar thickness and composition. The rope ends must be at the same side of the knot. A practical knot for many occasions, but unsafe with very slippery lines under high load. Tested breaking strength: 47% See also: Zeppelin Bend.
- Moody DS 45: The video of the test 7,394x viewed
- Feature: Shipbuilding legends off St. Tropez 5,818x viewed
- Open 40 Fjord 5,690x viewed
- From the Model to the Original 5,151x viewed
- Single-handed around the atlantic – Episode 1: From Fehmarn to Roscoff 4,885x viewed
- The new Hanse 575 – Karl Dehler presents the yacht 4,382x viewed
- The best images from the toughest race of all 4,047x viewed