The Prusik Knot is a friction knot made with a loop or the end of a rope around another rope. It can slide along the rope and holds under load. It can be used for transferring parallel pull to a line but typically the Prusik is used for ascending and abseiling by climbers especially arborists. This can be dangerous for the inexperienced – please use only under supervision and with extreme care!
- Moody DS 45: The video of the test 7,395x viewed
- Feature: Shipbuilding legends off St. Tropez 5,819x viewed
- Open 40 Fjord 5,690x viewed
- From the Model to the Original 5,151x viewed
- Single-handed around the atlantic – Episode 1: From Fehmarn to Roscoff 4,885x viewed
- The new Hanse 575 – Karl Dehler presents the yacht 4,383x viewed
- The best images from the toughest race of all 4,047x viewed