The Prusik Knot is a friction knot made with a loop or the end of a rope around another rope. It can slide along the rope and holds under load. It can be used for transferring parallel pull to a line but typically the Prusik is used for ascending and abseiling by climbers especially arborists. This can be dangerous for the inexperienced – please use only under supervision and with extreme care!
- Moody DS 45: The video of the test 8,354x viewed
- Feature: Shipbuilding legends off St. Tropez 6,624x viewed
- Open 40 Fjord 6,265x viewed
- From the Model to the Original 6,051x viewed
- Single-handed around the atlantic – Episode 1: From Fehmarn to Roscoff 5,770x viewed
- The new Hanse 575 – Karl Dehler presents the yacht 5,283x viewed
- Eye / Thimble Splice in Double-Braid Rope 5,038x viewed