The Carrick Bend is used to join heavy ropes. The ends are tied to their standing parts to prevent the Carrick Bend from pulling too tight, allowing it to be easily undone.
- Moody DS 45: The video of the test 8,354x viewed
- Feature: Shipbuilding legends off St. Tropez 6,623x viewed
- Open 40 Fjord 6,265x viewed
- From the Model to the Original 6,051x viewed
- Single-handed around the atlantic – Episode 1: From Fehmarn to Roscoff 5,770x viewed
- The new Hanse 575 – Karl Dehler presents the yacht 5,283x viewed
- Eye / Thimble Splice in Double-Braid Rope 5,038x viewed